The goals of the Recruitment, Outcomes and Assessment Resource (ROAR) are to develop resources for population and clinical/transitional research that can enhance collaborative, multidisciplinary population research; enable observational, behavioral, clinical translation and interventional studies; and avoid inefficiency in the development and execution of these studies.
The ROAR, which is led by Dr. Karen Glanz, is comprised of two coordinated components: one for Recruitment, Retention and Outreach and a second for Research Implementation.
"If you are interested in scheduling a free consultation meeting with ROAR, please download and complete the request form. If you have any questions about the ROAR services, please contact the Technical Director, Karen Glanz, PhD, MPH."
"Services that ROAR provides for Recruitment, Retention and Outreach include assistance with development and implementation of recruitment and retention plans and materials.
These services include:
• Designing of brochures and recruitment materials
• Developing of media campaigns
• Tailoring informed consent to appropriate literacy levels
• Recruitment observation and feedback
• Assisting with recruitment budget planning"
"For more advanced stages of initiation and execution of patient-oriented research studies, ROAR services include:
• Creating informed consent documents; designing and testing questionnaires and other data collection instruments; and preparing project documentation.
• Assisting in implementing centralized participant eligibility assessment; and initial participant contact and eligibility assessment.
• Staff training and coordination to facilitate data collection, including obtaining and tracking informed consent, in-person and telephone interviewing, medical records abstraction, etc."